Official Sweepstakes Rules
U.S. Apple Association: Apples for Education
#Apples4Ed Photo Sweepstakes
Official Rules, Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Sponsor. The #Apples4Ed Photo Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by is the U.S. Apple Association (“Sponsor”), with a principal address at 8233 Old Courthouse Road Suite 200, Vienna, VA 22182.
2. Eligibility. Participation in the Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty United States, and the District of Columbia who have attained the age of majority in their state of residence as of date of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Marzetti and the Sponsor, its members, affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. Persons associated with the pre-selected school causes are permitted to participate. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
3. Entry Period / Odds of Winning. The Sweepstakes will begin on Saturday, October 1, 2016 at approximately 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and end on Saturday, November 12, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Entry Period”). Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. To be eligible, entries must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. ET each Saturday during the Entry Period.
4. How to Participate. To participate in the Sweepstakes, you may either:
(a) visit the Apples4Ed website (www.Apples4Ed.com ) and submit your name, valid email address together with a photo of an apple, apple product (such as apple slices, apple butter, apple juice, or similar product) or a Marzetti food product that can be used with apples, (“Original Photo”) taken on or after October 1, 2016 in the online entry form; or
(b) upload and post an Original Photo to your personal Twitter or Instagram account with the hashtag #Apples4Ed.
To be valid, all entries must include an Original Photo. Twitter and Instagram accounts must be public. There is no limit on number of entries. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address, Twitter profile or Instagram profile at the time of the entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible by assigning email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor is not responsible for non-delivered entries or for any computer or email delivery system malfunctions or errors whatsoever resulting in not receiving entries.
5. Prizes. Each week of the 6-week long sweepstakes, one selected winner will be awarded an apple gift (to be determined) having a market retail value of $25.00. In addition, Sponsor will make a $100 contribution to a school cause of winner’s choice (selected from among the student causes outlined on www.Apples4Ed.com). The total value of all prizes to be awarded to participants is $150. The total value of all contributions to be made to school causes pursuant to the Sweepstakes is $600.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the items listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses.
6. Taxes. Taxes (federal, state, and local) are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Sponsor does not provide tax advice. Participants are encouraged to contact their own tax advisor regarding potential tax implications, if any, of the Sweepstakes.
7. Selection and Notification of Winners. Each Sunday during the Entry Period, at its offices at 8233 Old Courthouse Road Suite 200, Vienna, VA 22182, Sponsor will randomly select one potential winner from among all eligible entries received no later than 11:59 p.m. ET the immediately preceding Saturday. All entries received between the start of the contest period to the weekly deadlines listed below will be eligible to win. Winners will be notified by email the following Monday.
Saturday, October 8, 2016
Saturday, October 15, 2016
Saturday, October 22, 2016
Saturday, October 29, 2016
Saturday, November 5, 2016
Saturday, November 12, 2016
Monday, October 10, 2016
Monday, October 17, 2016
Monday, October 24, 2016
Monday, October 31, 2016
Monday, November 7, 2016
Monday, November 14, 2016
The decisions of Sponsor with respect to all matters relating to the sweepstakes are final.
8. Additional Conditions.
(a) Except where required by law, all winners are required to sign and return to Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility and release of publicity/liability within the time Sponsor specifies or prize will be forfeited. In such circumstance, another winner may be selected via random drawing from all remaining eligible entries.
(b) By participating in the sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, the winners agree to have their name, voice or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this sweepstakes without additional financial or other compensation, and to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. Tennessee residents are not subject to this condition.
(c) Sponsor in its sole discretion reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Sponsor’s websites or is otherwise in violation of the rules. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the sweepstakes if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.
(d) Sponsor reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the Sweepstakes, including the substitution or a prize of equivalent value.
(e) Failure to comply with the Sweepstakes rules may result in a participant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
(f) Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the sweepstakes, or in the announcement of a prize.
CAUTION: ATTEMPTS TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY VIOLATE CIVIL AND CRIMINAL LAWS AND SPONSOR MAY SEEK REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT UNDER LAW.
9. Winners’ List. For a list of all winners, available after December 12, 2016, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: U.S. Apple Association, Attn: Apples4Ed Sweepstakes, 8233 Old Courthouse Road Suite 200, Vienna, VA 22182
10. Liability Release. BY PARTICIPATING, YOU RELEASE AND AGREE THAT NEITHER THE SPONSORS NOR ANY PROMOTION PARTY WILL BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, COSTS, EXPENSES AND LIABILITY OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURIES AND/OR DEATH, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, COUNSEL FEES AND COURT COSTS) ARISING FROM ANYTHING RELATING TO:
PROMOTION, EXECUTION OR ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION (OR YOUR PARTICIPATION); CANCELLATION OR MODIFICATION OF ANY ASPECT OF THE PROMOTION; USE OF ANY WEB SITE RELATED TO THE PROMOTION OR MATERIALS ON THEM; ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, MISUSE, OR NONUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR PARTICIPATING IN OR TRAVELING TO ANY PROMOTION-RELATED ACTIVITY.
SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS.
11. Disputes. IF NOT RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS, ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM WILL BE RESOLVED BY FINAL BINDING ARBITRATION WITH AN EXPERIENCED ARBITRATOR LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN VIRGINIA. VENUE FOR ANY PROCEEDINGS WILL BE IN FAIRFAX COUNTY, VIRGINIA. REMEDIES WILL BE SUBJECT TO ALL LIMITATIONS AND RELEASES IN THESE RULES, AND WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET DAMAGES, AND WILL NOT, IN ANY EVENT, INCLUDE ANY PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER COSTS OR BRINGING A CLAIM, OR ANY INJUNCTIVE OR OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
12. THE SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, ANY OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA ENTITY OR ANY ENTITY OTHER THAN U.S. APPLE ASSOCIATION. YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO SPONSOR AND YOU AGREE TO A COMPLETE RELEASE OF ANY OTHER ENTITY INVOLVED IN THE ENTRY OF YOUR SUBMISSION.